Our public space fluctuates between being a fully fledged Cabaret Club and Bar on even years (2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014) and a smaller scale Pub with a cabaret corner stage in odd years (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015). It usually includes a bar (with real ale on draught and/or cocktails), bar games, sound system, maybe a projector, and a cabaret stage with an open mic. It will be open in some way or other on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We might open on Saturday (Burn day) afternoon/night if there’s any beer left, and we’ll be packing down on Sunday.
We will also make the space available to Vietnamese Iced Coffee camp during the day, will host the annual Euroburners' meet ‘n’ greet and hold other daytime events, including a tea dance and possibly a Crap Fat Superheroes gathering (whenever the world needs saving from itself).
Do you want to run something else? The venue is there for you to do so!
We will also create/bring:
- A decorated chill-out dome for camp members
- A fully-equipped kitchen (camp fees include a proper cooked meal every evening, as well as breakfast ingredients for the mornings)
- Storage space for some personal items (it’ll be a big tent, or possibly a corner in a truck)
- Potable and non-potable water for all camp members
- Grey-water disposal facilities (barrels, tank and shower evaporation pond)
- Some communal camp bicycles (note - an extra fee applies to cover the cost of storing, transporting and maintaining/servicing the bikes)
- Rubbish collection facilities
- Some power generation
- Basic tools/powertools